Once the Paper Opera website and logo was created, business cards seemed like the next step to make in this new business-like venture.
I had to change the design a bit for the image to work visually as a tiny stamp.
I used RubberStamps.net and paid $15.45 to get my image made into a 1.5″ x 1.5″ rubber stamp.
I created the business cards using hand torn paper, typing, and stamping. I first drafted the layout, stamped, and typed. I wanted to include the business name (Paper Opera), the website (paperopera.com), and the tag line (art, music, stories).
I tore the cards using the edge of my ruler and flattened using the weight of the metal typewriter.
I hand stamped the backs of the cards using a small rubber heart stamp.
Now I had the front and back with the layout I wanted.
I still needed something “Paper Opera” about it – like a small detail that would be a little dramatic. I used the poppy red prismacolor pencil and on the front of the card, I colored in the man’s shoes. On the back, I colored in all of the heart stamps alternating each row using the crimson red and poppy red. I really enjoy creating small details like this.
And the finished product!
I love this – you go girl!
This is amazing!!!! Love the little details.
Pingback: UALR 6×6 Event | Paper Opera
Pingback: Arkansas Arts on Tour Artist | Paper Opera